How to survive your first day back after a fantastic Christmas and New Year.
We understand how hard it is to get to work on a cold January morning and start a new term of teaching. So here at Focus, we have compiled a check list of things we thing will help you settle back into work.
Here is our ‘how to cope’ checklist;
- Be prepared – lessons planned, clothes ready, hair brushed, and the list goes on.
- Have a long, hot, bubbly bath.
- Have a positive mental attitude (it’ll be half term in about 38 days, 5 hours and 31 minutes)
- Stock up on paper clips for when you need help holding things together.
- Don’t forget your umbrella for lunchtime duty in January, maybe bring your hat, scarf and gloves too…
- Have your Focus Education books at the ready to guide you through the year!
- Decorate your bulletin board with fun things to look forwards too.
- Make a start on those student name tags.
- Stock a box of tissues to wipe away any tears… yours and theirs!
- Purchase a notebook to write down all the funny things children say.
- Decorate your classroom, to make life a little more cheerful.
- Have the class room rules ready for the New Year.
- And lastly, pretend it isn’t happening. This is all just a bad dream!
Focus Education is a family-run organisation providing advice and educational support to primary schools and academies. We’re a family company and are committed to enabling schools and academies to be the best that they can be.