Westwood is in Oldham. All pupils live in a ward which is in the bottom 1% in the country in terms of multiple deprivation. All pupils are EAL learners and approx half the school is eligible for FSM. 98% of pupils enter the school well below expectations. Ofsted judged the school as good with outstanding features.
How the school has used Focus Education
We have used a wide range of Focus services including: INSET led by Focus consultants delivered to whole staff on a number of areas; training for group of headteachers and LA reps linked to Safeguarding and the OfSTED evaluation schedule; support by consultants for SLT and HT; SEF writing support; support for whole school systems by use of publications; and headteacher update service used and shared amongst staff and governors.
- Fantastic service from beginning to end, from initial phone call to actual delivery.
- Informed providers and facilitators – they have been there, they have done it!
- Relevant and recent experience and expertise used to inform all provision.
- Credibility at all levels – from HT to support staff, they all have faith in what is delivered under the Focus banner. The people that write the books are the people that deliver the training!
- Flexibility of delivery and content – the training and supports is adapted to meet our needs not to fit in with a generic training programme designed by the company.
- Relationships that are not pushy not sales focused, relationships that are based on supportive and trusting foundations.
- Supportive not judgemental!
Focus Education is a family-run organisation providing advice and educational support to primary schools and academies. We’re a family company and are committed to enabling schools and academies to be the best that they can be.