In response to school requests and shortage in budgets, Focus is now selling filmed versions of our courses for schools to purchase.
These are a filmed and edited version of the training as if you were a delegate sat in the room.
This training is sent via an emailed link and can be watched directly from the website (streamed) or downloaded and watched at a later date. It comes with an e-book version of the training notes. Printed copies of the training notes are available at an additional cost.Advantages of buying our video training:
Watch a snippet from the training hereCourse Description
- Watch at school or home
- Watch on your own or with other members of staff
- Can pause, replay and discuss
- No supply costs
- No travel costs or travelling time
This online video training will provide science and maths subject leaders and coordinators with practical ideas, to enable them to improve standards in maths and science, developing and improving links with English and maths so that pupils develop an understanding of how their learning is meaningful and can be applied in context. This training will enable all subject leaders to ensure they can impact on standards, helping pupils reach the expected standards by the end of Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, taking into account the renewed national emphasis on science from both the DfE and from Ofsted. The training will address the following:
The benefits of attending this training:
- Best practice in maths and science: ensuring progression through each year group;
- The application of maths in science;
- Developing English through science and the importance of spoken language;
- Assessment and monitoring standards.
- It will provide you with a clear understanding of how basic skills can be applied across core subjects;
- It will enable you to monitor and evaluate the application of basic skills in your setting;
- It will provide you with practical resources to use in school.