This publication provides support for teachers and school leaders who are looking at ways of developing pupils' deeper learning skills in reading.
What it is not about:
- Improve learners' ability to read beyond the text;
- IDeepen their learning, by provoking learners to think more deeply;
- Provide teachers with a framework to support deep learning through reading without destroying learners' love for literature;
- Help link their reading to other curricular areas;
- Support an enquiry based learning ethos;
- It encourages pupils to consider questions they may want to ask about books that they read independently;
- The structure used with the examples helps teachers to develop this approach with any text, not just the ones exemplified here.
- It does not attempt to test pupils' mastery skills;
- It is not intended to be used exclusively with very able learners but should be part of the challenge provided for all learners;
- The sheets are not intended as worksheets but merely to guide teachers as they deepen learning opportunities with other books.
Product Reference: DRDR
Format: Book and CD
Product Dimensions: 21 x 29.7 x 1cm
Publisher: Focus Education UK Ltd
Published Date: Oct 2015
This item cannot be returned or refunded. See Terms & Conditions for details.