This publication is a comprehensive 'one-stop-shop' for early years leaders. It will give you all you need to begin as a new leader, or will provide additional aspects to enable you to hone and develop your existing leadership skills.
It will help all early years leaders to:
- ensure all statutory duties are being met
- plan and assess in a straightforward manner using 'I can' statements
- ensure all children make rapid progress from the 2-year-old provision, through nursery and reception to year 1
- evaluate and improve teaching to ensure it is highly effective in facilitating rapid progress for all children
- evaluate and improve the indoor and outdoor provision to ensure it is high quality and purposeful.
- use research and to become research focused in the classroom
- develop a deep understanding of best practice in the early years taking account of the principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage, the characteristics of effective learning, child development milestones, schematic play, stages of play and the science behind play
- understand how to develop staff at different levels to get the best from them.
You will be supported in evaluating your provision to ensure you can focus on continuous improvement, while looking outwards to additional pedagogy to improve outcomes for children even further.
"We can see many different uses for it in both the early years setting and with our assessors. As we looked at the content, we could see this being used as support tool for their self-assessment requirements for Ofsted, as it contains all the information required in one place. It could be used by team leaders, deputy and managers to support induction of new staff and those new to owning or running a setting. It could also be used for staff appraisals and one-to-ones to develop staff knowledge on EYFS, self-assessment and observations required for next steps. We liked the CD with the copy of the paper file which would be useful to replace and print off for different activities to support staff development. We also liked the fact that there was blank templates that are a useful tool. The use of basic theorists are a good introduction to show how practice relates to theorists."
Carol Bolden (Internal Quality Assurance - Parenta)