What are they?
Following Amanda Speilman's focus on the curriculum, we are pleased to say that this curriculum ticks all the boxes by being:
We have created schemes of work which meet National Curriculum requirements and contain exciting research-based activities. One of the aims is to reduce teacher workload.
The units help teachers to improve pupils' writing through history or geography but still hold on to the statutory requirement for history and geography and ensures that pupils' grammar, punctuation and vocabulary is also being challenged. Each unit is a comprehensive scheme of work but allows teachers enough flexibility to add or replace certain activities.What are the advantages of using them?
- Meets National Curriculum requirements
- Are 'knowledge-focused'
- Focuses on metacognitive style of learning
- Demands more pupil questioning
- Helps with pupil research
- Easy for teachers to adapt to add own ideas
- Improves writing across the curriculum
- Has a literature focus
- Ensure that pupils reflect frequently
- Provide exciting and pupil-motivating activities
- Link to assessment activities
- Works towards curriculum cohesion
- Helps to link with the community; parents; character education and British Values.
We are extremely excited about the feedback we are receiving from the schools we have already worked with.