This exciting product aims to ensure that standards in writing and science are being improved by using exciting literature through science. There are three units of work for each age group, which effectively is a comprehensive scheme of work. Others are currently being planned so as to allow more flexibility for each age group.
The units ensure that there is a huge focus on working scientifically as well as dealing with the specific science knowledge for each year group.
For example, in Year 4 the use of excellent quality text like 'The incredible book-eating boy' is central to the science unit dealing with the digestive system. In Year 3, the excellent book 'The street beneath my feet' is central to the science unit on 'rocks'.
The units help teachers to improve pupils' writing through science but still hold on to the statutory requirement for science and ensures that pupils' grammar, punctuation and vocabulary is being challenged. Each unit is a comprehensive scheme of work but allows teachers enough flexibility to add or replace certain activities. What are they?
Following Amanda Speilman's focus on the curriculum, we are pleased to say that this curriculum ticks all the boxes by being:
This is essentially a full schemes of work, aimed at reducing teacher workload. It provides a comprehensive coverage of three topics per year, with many additional units planned to provide choice. Importantly, we have kept the price low to make this curriculum affordable at a time of tight budgets. £250 for all 18 units.
We can also sell each individual scheme of work separately if this is helpful to you. Each scheme of work is priced at £20.What are the advantages of using them?
- Meets National Curriculum requirements
- Are 'knowledge-rich'
- Focuses on metacognitive style of learning
- Demands more pupil questioning
- Helps with pupil research
- Easy for teachers to adapt to add own ideas
- Improves writing across the curriculum
- Has a literature focus
- Ensure that pupils reflect frequently
- Provide exciting and pupil-motivating activities
- Link to assessment activities
- Works towards curriculum cohesion
- Helps to link with the community; parents; character education and British Values.
We are extremely excited about the feedback we are receiving from the schools we have already worked with.