>Available to Buy & Keep for £250 or Rent (for a 14 day period) for just £175<
In response to school requests and limited budgets, we are now offering recorded versions of our zoom courses for schools to buy or rent. Schools choosing the buy option will be sent a link to their account and this clip will be stored indefinitely in their accounts. Schools choosing to rent a clip will also be sent a link to their account where their clips will be stored for a 2 week period. After this period, the clip will expire from their account. Any customers that don't have an account will be set up with one and we will send you the details.
Most of our training clips come with an e-book version of the training notes. Printed copies of the training notes are available at an additional cost of £5 per book. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request printed and bound copies of the notes.Advantages of buying our video training:
- Watch at school or home
- Watch on your own or with other members of staff
- Can pause, replay and discuss
- No supply costs
- No travel costs or travelling time
The training aims to address the following two questions:
- Is your science curriculum compliant with the National Curriculums requirements?
- Have you created the right pedagogy to support pupils science knowledge and ability to work scientifically?
This training is aimed at primary school leaders and science leaders. It focuses on creating medium term plans that would provide all staff with the confidence they need to deliver science in an engaging and balanced way (that is science knowledge and working scientifically). There will be a strong focus on pedagogy, especially on improving pupils retention of key knowledge.The training will:
- Ensure that there is the right focus on curriculum implementation (as important as, if not more important, than curriculum intent).
- Ensure that the requirements of the national curriculum are met in full (from Years 1 to 6).
- Provides exemplars of medium-term plans that will provide security to all staff in each age group.
- Will take account of the science curriculum in mixed-aged classes.
- Give particular attention to long term retention by pupils.
- Help your staff gain a greater understanding as to why memory is essential to all learning.
- Considers models of science assessment, both formative and summative.
- Ensure that there is a balance between science knowledge and pupils working scientifically.
- Consider how day-to-day teaching may need to be different to maximise opportunities for pupils to retain key knowledge for the long term.
- Link the application of metacognitive principles to improving long-term memory.
This training aims to get you to delve deeply into the teaching and learning culture for science at your school or academy. It will help you take stock, consider where your science curriculum is presently, and help you ask if your teachers science practice and your pupils learning is as effective as it could be.