>Available to Buy & Keep for £195 or Rent (for a 14 day period) for just £140<
In response to school requests and shortage in budgets, Focus is now selling recorded versions of our zoom courses for schools to purchase.
This training is sent via an emailed link and can be watched directly from the website (streamed) or downloaded and watched at a later date. It comes with an e-book version of the training notes. Printed copies of the training notes are available at an additional cost.Advantages of buying our video training:
- Watch at school or home
- Watch on your own or with other members of staff
- Can pause, replay and discuss
- No supply costs
- No travel costs or travelling time
This Midi Clip is aimed at primary school and subject leaders, including those with responsibility for school-wide teaching, learning and assessment. As schools are finalising their wider curriculum the issue of assessment is now high on the agenda. This training aims to provide an update on what is expected and share ideas from a range of schools.The Midi Clip will:
The training will take account of Jodie Lopez, EdTech consultants observations:
- Consider the latest research by the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) into assessment and long-term retention.
- Consider the changing culture associated with assessment, taking account of the DfEs direction and opinions.
- Ensure that assessment procedures are kept effective yet simple and manageable.
- Look at the balance between teacher workload and the impact of assessment on pupils learning.
- Provide a range of ideas for assessing the different non-core subjects and science.
- Consider the best time to assess pupils, taking account of long-term retention and impact on memory.
- How do we, without national statutory tests to compare with or against, ensure our assessment is effective across all subjects?
- What we need to know, in order to gauge effectiveness of teaching and learning, is:
- What a child knows.
- What they do not know.
- How we can get them to know the things they do not know.
Then we need to know if how we taught them worked. At a whole school level, you need to know:
- What children knew.
- What they do not know.
- What still needs to be taught.
This training aims to get you to delve deeply into the assessment culture at your school and academy level. It will help you take stock, look at the bigger picture and guide you to make decisions about your current practice and your pupils learning that takes account of teacher workload and impact on learning.