>Available to Buy & Keep for £195 or Rent (for a 14 day period) for just £140<
In response to school requests and shortage in budgets, Focus is now selling recorded versions of our zoom courses for schools to purchase.
This training is sent via an emailed link and can be watched directly from the website (streamed) or downloaded and watched at a later date. It comes with an e-book version of the training notes. Printed copies of the training notes are available at an additional cost.Advantages of buying our video training:
- Watch at school or home
- Watch on your own or with other members of staff
- Can pause, replay and discuss
- No supply costs
- No travel costs or travelling time
This midi clip is aimed at primary school leaders, including those with responsibility for school-wide teaching, learning and assessment. We now know that the emphasis has to be on pupils knowing more and remembering more. Therefore, retrieval practices need to become an integral part of curriculum planning.
The Ofsted Framework 2019 states that, over the course of study, teaching is designed to help learners to remember in the long term the content they have been taught and to integrate new knowledge into larger conceptsThe Midi Clip will:
- Consider how the curriculum is seen as a narrative which builds pupils knowledge progressively over time.
- Identify the learning that needs to be retrieved before new knowledge is introduced.
- Take account of learning from within the subject, learning that is supported from other subjects and learning that pupils have gained from personal experience.
- Provide ideas of how best to build in retrieval as an on-going part of pupils acquisition of knowledge.
- Focus heavily on how to stimulate pupils learning links to the new learning and recognise the importance of doing this.
- Ensure that full consideration is given to how pupils learn and how the brain supports long-term retention of learning.
This training aims to help you consider the changing culture associated with strong pedagogy. Let us move your curriculum design to another level with a view that pupils learning will be further enhanced. The focus is on long-term retention.