>Available to Buy & Keep for £195 or Rent (for a 14 day period) for just £140<
In response to school requests and shortage in budgets, Focus is now selling recorded versions of our zoom courses for schools to purchase.
This training is sent via an emailed link and can be watched directly from the website (streamed) or downloaded and watched at a later date. It comes with an e-book version of the training notes. Printed copies of the training notes are available at an additional cost.Advantages of buying our video training:
- Watch at school or home
- Watch on your own or with other members of staff
- Can pause, replay and discuss
- No supply costs
- No travel costs or travelling time
This Midi Clip is aimed at primary school leaders, including those with responsibility for school-wide assessment. The clip looks at ensuring that assessment of science and non-core subjects can be meaningful and not add to teachers workload. At the same time, it will have the ability to check how well pupils learn more and remember more as well as identifying gaps in their learning.
The training will:
- Consider the latest research undertaken by the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) and its impact on assessment;
- Redefine the term progress as pupils learning more and remembering more and therefore understanding why the relationship between memory and learning is important and how this is redefining what great teaching is;
- Recognise that we are in a different world when it comes to assessing science and the foundation subjects and understanding why things have to change;;
- Identify the key knowledge and skills we want pupils to acquire and why the role that retrieval is so important in supporting learning and assessing;
- Consider where quizzes fit into the bigger picture;
- Explore the best way forwards.
This clip aims to get you to delve deeply into the teaching, learning and assessment culture at your school or academy. It will help you take stock, look at the bigger picture and guide you to make decisions about your assessment practice and your pupils learning and retention of knowledge.