In response to school requests and shortage in budgets, Focus is now selling recorded versions of our zoom courses for schools to purchase.
This training is sent via an emailed link and can be watched directly from the website (streamed) or downloaded and watched at a later date. It comes with an e-book version of the training notes. Printed copies of the training notes are available at an additional cost.Advantages of buying our video training:
- Watch at school or home
- Watch on your own or with other members of staff
- Can pause, replay and discuss
- No supply costs
- No travel costs or travelling time
This half-day training is aimed at primary school leaders, including those with responsibility for school-wide teaching and learning. It focuses on aspects of teaching and learning with a strong focus on improving pupils retention of key knowledge. It considers the application of specific skills from early years to Year 6.
The training will:
- Introduce the concept of learning links in relation to aiding childrens long-term retention;
- Consider what we mean by metacognitive readers rather than children that read;
- Will focus on the six cognitive strategies to support childrens learning;
- Looking at the impact of learning links across the whole curriculum;
- Gain a greater understanding as to why memory is essential to all learning; because it lets you store and retrieve the information that you learn;
- Consider how day-to-day teaching may need to be different to maximise opportunities for pupils to retain key knowledge for the long term;
- Link the application of metacognitive principles to improving long-term memory.