This publication is specifically designed to help school leaders feel confident that their safeguarding systems and processes are robust and compliant. It takes you on a step by step journey through your safeguarding responsibilities, providing simple audits and checklists. You can use it as a complete document or simply dip into the sections that are of most use. The publication will be of use to DSLs, school leaders and governors.
The aim of the publication is twofold: (i) provide reassurance that you have the correct procedures in place; and (ii) guide you to fill any gaps.
The accompanying CD-ROM contains all the documents in word format to save time reinventing existing documents and templates. The headline content includes:
- Definitions of safeguarding, child protection and types of abuse
- Checklist for Safeguarding Policy
- Key questions to check compliance
- Documentation audit
- Child protection audit
- Responsibilities of governors/proprietors
- Content for annual report to governors
- DSL Toolkit (with all necessary templates for being effective)
- E-safety audit
- Best practice guide
- Safer recruitment audit
Once completed, the audits in this publication will serve as a valuable part of the evidence base for any future inspection or scrutiny of systems.