This publication is designed to help school leaders take a critical look at their monitoring and evaluation systems in school.
It is based on work with hundreds of schools that have improved their monitoring systems with the aim of making them simple and effective.The publication includes sections linked to:
- Lesson observation and feedback
- Work scrutiny and pupil discussion
- Monitoring and evaluating teaching
- Diagnosing teaching in a lesson
- Evaluating progress in a lesson
- Using evidence trails
- Using data to focus evaluation
The publication gives suggestions of simple formats which you could use to record your monitoring to make it easy and straight forward to use for everyone.