This consultancy aims to provide you with an independent look at how successful your curriculum is. However, there will be a heavy focus on advice and not just judgement.
It will consider the following
- Is your curriculum design helping pupils to see individual subjects as a narrative. In other words, ‘How does one unit of learning in history follow on from the last or lead to the next?’
- Is there a balance across substantive knowledge and disciplinary knowledge in your history and geography curriculum?
- How is your timetable enabling appropriate amount of time being spent on non-core subjects?
- Do teachers use a composite and component model?
- How are the needs of SEND pupils catered for?
- Do disadvantaged pupils access the full curriculum?
- How much has current research influenced your thinking?
- What evidence is there that your intent is being implemented effectively?
- How do you measure the outcomes in pupils’ books?
- Is teacher subject knowledge strong enough?
- How is the classroom environment supporting excellence?
- How are teachers translating long term plans to deliverable units of learning?
- What impact is reading having on the wider curriculum?
The day will start at 8.30am with the feedback, aimed for around 4.30pm.
During the day there will be a number of strategies used including documentation overview, subject leaders’ meetings, pupil voice, book scrutiny, leadership discussions, etc.
A report will follow within a few days. (Normally the Monday after the following weekend)
If you are interested in booking one of our consultants for a one-day curriculum session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01457 821 818.