This publication supports schools that want to evaluate and improve the quality of written feedback. Research evidences that feedback is often underutilised as part of the learning process and that good quality marking which children respond to has a significant impact on pupil progress. The publication includes content to help schools:
- Audit existing practice
- Evaluate the quality and impact of their marking and feedback
- A simple system for giving feedback which can be applied consistently
- Suggestions for ways to get children to respond to feedback
- Suggestions about peer and self-assessment
- Simple pointers for developing your school policy
- Over 60 examples of real feedback with pupil responses which can be used to stimulate a discussion with your staff.