>Available to Buy & Keep for £195 or Rent (for a 14 day period) for just £140<
In response to school requests and shortage in budgets, Focus is now selling recorded versions of our zoom courses for schools to purchase.
This training is sent via an emailed link and can be watched directly from the website (streamed) or downloaded and watched at a later date. It comes with an e-book version of the training notes. Printed copies of the training notes are available at an additional cost.Advantages of buying our video training:
- Watch at school or home
- Watch on your own or with other members of staff
- Can pause, replay and discuss
- No supply costs
- No travel costs or travelling time
This training is aimed at primary school leaders working in schools where they have mixed aged classes. This includes those with responsibility for school-wide teaching and learning. It focuses on aspects of curriculum design and teaching and learning, with a strong focus on improving pupils retention of key knowledge. The National Curriculum and the framework for Ofsted offers little by way of guidance for teachers working with mixed-aged classes. However, there is an expectation that pupils focus on the disciplinary and substantive knowledge that have been identified for them in each National Curriculum age group.
The training is aimed to provide support for staff and will focus on both curriculum intent (to include the design) and curriculum implementation (giving great attention to long-term memory).
The training will:
- Focus on the current guidance, taking account of the National Curriculum and Ofsteds new framework.
- Consider the issues of planning for mixed aged classes when there is such a focus on year group expectations.
- Look at different curriculum designs to enable leaders to decide if their present system is fit for purpose.
- Look in detail at the science curriculum so that the needs of all pupils are met.
- Look in detail at the history and geography curriculum so that aspects such as chronology are appropriately delivered.
- Focus on curriculum implementation and put this into context in relation to how pupils remember key knowledge for the long-term.
- Consider the current research, starting with Rosenshine and consider the potential impact on teaching and learning.
- Help you to check if your curriculum has really embraced the concept of deepening learning at each stage and providing greater challenges within the construct being taught.
This training aims to get you to delve deeply into the teaching and learning culture at your school and academy level. It will help you take stock, look at the bigger picture and guide you to make decisions about your curriculum design and teachers practice and your pupils learning that supports the acquisition of key knowledge and skills across all subjects.