>Available to Buy & Keep for £195 or Rent (for a 14 day period) for just £140<
In response to school requests and shortage in budgets, Focus is now selling recorded versions of our zoom courses for schools to purchase.
This training is sent via an emailed link and can be watched directly from the website (streamed) or downloaded and watched at a later date. It comes with an e-book version of the training notes. Printed copies of the training notes are available at an additional cost.Advantages of buying our video training:
- Watch at school or home
- Watch on your own or with other members of staff
- Can pause, replay and discuss
- No supply costs
- No travel costs or travelling time
This training is aimed at primary school leaders, including leaders of early years. The training has been designed to help school leaders who may have had limited experience of working with early years to be more confident in their monitoring role.
The training looks at both the Development Matters and the Birth to 5-year olds guidance and helps leaders create a structure that will help them both understand and recognise what great practice looks like. At the same time, it will help leaders to have to check if children know more and remember more as they progress through the early years setting.
The training will:
- Help leaders be clear about the links between reception and Year 1, especially in science, geography, history, art, DT and music.
- Look at each of the three prime areas of learning and the four specific areas of learning and consider what great practice looks like as well as having a structure which identifies what progress should look like.
- Help leaders understand the guidance Development Matters and see how this can be used to support expectations through nursery and reception.
- Provide leaders with practical tips as to what to look out for when monitoring the provision in early years.
- Identify the disciplinary and substantive knowledge that young children should be acquiring in the foundation stage of their education.
- Help leaders to be confident about to what to look for in continuous provision, both indoor and outdoor and also consider the importance of focused activities.
- Provide a framework for school leaders to have meaningful conversations with early years practitioners and gain a deeper understanding of what great practice looks like.
This training aims to get you to delve deeply into the teaching, learning and assessment culture at your early years setting. It will help you take stock, look at the bigger picture and guide you to make decisions about your monitoring practice in early years.