>Available to Buy & Keep for £195 or Rent (for a 14 day period) for just £140<
In response to school requests and shortage in budgets, Focus is now selling recorded versions of our zoom courses for schools to purchase.
This training is sent via an emailed link and can be watched directly from the website (streamed) or downloaded and watched at a later date. It comes with an e-book version of the training notes. Printed copies of the training notes are available at an additional cost.Advantages of buying our video training:
- Watch at school or home
- Watch on your own or with other members of staff
- Can pause, replay and discuss
- No supply costs
- No travel costs or travelling time
This half-day training is aimed at primary school leaders and leaders with pedagogical responsibility. The training looks at the very recent research available to us and considers how schools are using this to improve the quality of education being provided in schools.
The training will:
- Consider a very practical approach to planning and implementing a curriculum using the link it, learn it, check it, show it, know it approach to ensure prior knowledge and retrieval are built into daily learning.
- Help you understand the relationship between the short and long-term memory and what that means in day-to-day teaching
- Help you recognise the importance of igniting prior learning and provide examples of how this could be done
- Help you know why retrieval tasks are important and provide examples of how they could be used across school
- Help you understand how rehearsal within a lesson supports long-term memory
- Remind you that when building progression maps we need to give much account to disciplinary knowledge as well as substantive knowledge.
- Focus on the need to ask more metacognitive type questions especially in relation to how you will remember...
- Remind you about the need to continually focus on developing pupils vocabulary and presentation skills
This training aims to get you to delve deeply into the teaching, learning and assessment culture at your school or academy. It will help you take stock, look at the bigger picture and guide you to make decisions about your assessment practice and your pupils learning and retention of knowledge.