>Available to Buy & Keep for £195 or Rent (for a 14 day period) for just £140<
In response to school requests and shortage in budgets, Focus is now selling recorded versions of our zoom courses for schools to purchase.
This training is sent via an emailed link and can be watched directly from the website (streamed) or downloaded and watched at a later date. It comes with an e-book version of the training notes. Printed copies of the training notes are available at an additional cost.Advantages of buying our video training:
- Watch at school or home
- Watch on your own or with other members of staff
- Can pause, replay and discuss
- No supply costs
- No travel costs or travelling time
This Midi Clip is aimed at primary school leaders and leaders of reading in primary schools. The government has pinpointed the need for schools to focus on our most vulnerable readers (the lowest 20%). This is across different age groups. This training, using lesson logistics in reading, is a way of organising your lessons so that all learners access the same age-related expectations. It also offers the opportunity for participants to purchase resources which can be used immediately in school. The materials have been trialled in several schools already and are proving to be a great success.
What is lesson logistics?
- Lesson logistics is a different way to look at differentiation.
- It doesnt involve differentiating up and down across year groups objectives for children of different abilities.
- It does involve organising your lessons and resources so that all childrens barriers are removed enabling them to access their own year groups objectives and challenge them to be a deeper thinker in reading, not achieve objectives from a higher year group.
The training will:
- Give you the opportunity to consider a different approach to supporting your most vulnerable readers
- It will consider the recent research outcomes about reading for your most vulnerable readers
- Starts by considering the barriers many children have to reading
- Provides a practical solution to these barriers
- Consider how to support different aspects of reading including, vocabulary, the level of questioning, sequencing, the importance of retrieval, predicting, helping with word choices, etc.
- Give examples of how to use the system with various books, this includes examples of actual books
- Will provide you with a system to get started immediately
This training aims to get you to delve deeply into the culture of the teaching of reading at your school and academy level. It will help you take stock, look at the bigger picture and guide you to make decisions about your teachers practice and your pupils reading.