This range of publications are designed to help subject leaders in primary schools in light of the Ofsted focus on Intent, Implementation and Impact of a broad and balanced curriculum. The books will ensure that subject leaders are better placed to impact on pupil outcomes. Each publication follows an identical format so that you can easily use the full set across your school. The content covers:
- An overview of the relevant Ofsted research and how this relates to subject leadership.
- Key questions for subject leaders to consider, updated for the 2019 inspection framework.
- Simple outline of the statutory curriculum.
- Example of year by year progression through KS1 and KS2 for foundation subjects.
- Simple template for recording assessment for each cohort.
- Updated guidance and templates for monitoring and evaluation (with a focus on triangulating evidence).
- Action planning template.
- Audit for the intent, implementation and impact of the core and foundation subjects.
Each book is accompanied by a eBook with the templates from the publication in order to save time in school.
"Purchased the whole set, under the new framework the emphasis on Subject Leaders is greater than ever. Staff have found these very valuable in enabling them to carry out their roles thoroughly. Include audit tools and key questions which really guide leaders how to review the quality of education on a subject specific level as opposed to a generic level. Like all Focus resources and courses - time saving, informative and up to date - great value for money too when you consider the staff hours saved!"
"Focus Educations Toolkits are a must for all leaders to go to for advice and structure, they have really helped our middle leaders as well as senior leaders to understand what the many faceted roles are and what is required to fulfil them all. A valuable go to resource for all leaders new and old in post."
"I recently took on the new role at my school: Quality of Education Leader. The function of the role is to oversee the curriculum subject leaders and review their roles. I bought one of the Subject leader books that was most relevant to my specialism and I found it extremely useful particularly with the audit section that allowed me to really get to know my subject."
"Fabulous document, especially for a non-expert like myself. I now feel confident that I've considered all elements I should. Thank you!"
"Science deep dive supported me as science lead and a way forward with the new ofsted criteria"