This is a publication which makes use of the teaching excellence standards in relation to Early Years and then unpicks each, looking at highly effective teaching; effective teaching; or teaching that requires improvement. This is broken down into five different descriptors.
Each of the eight standards outlined below are subdivided into appropriate criteria and then each one has one of the five descriptor outlined.
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge all pupils
- Promote good progress and outcomes by children
- Demonstrate good knowledge of early learning and EYFS
- Plan education and care taking account of the needs of all children
- Adapt education and care to respond to the strengths and needs of all children
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children, and provide a safe learning environment.
- Fulfil wider professional responsibilities
It is an ideal publication to help create appropriate development plans for all EYFS staff.