Rosie has over 30 years of experience teaching at all age ranges in the North East and North West. She is currently a deputy head teacher in Greater Manchester and is a nationally registered trainer with SAPERE. She has taught and led in an outstanding school and has supported school improvement teams as an educational consultant in the Manchester area
Rosie has worked across several authorities and in the private sector on specific school projects and led training days and workshops. She has also collaborated with schools in their development and planning of an enquiry based curriculum. She actively promotes and develops the application of thinking and life skills across all areas of learning. Her strengths lie in the primary and foundation stages, with particular passions in Philosophy for Children, developing oracy, the able learner, EAL and Learning to learn.
Recent feedback from delegates on training led by Rosie have commented:
• ‘Excellent lively and informative.’ (Learning Mentor)
• Clear and professional with practical and natural cross curricular links.’ (Class teacher)
• ‘The expertise of the trainer was clearly apparent.’ (Deputy Headteacher)
• ‘Open, encouraging, enthusiastic, professional yet relaxed.’ (Senior Leader).
• ‘I am inspired cannot wait to try it out with my class.’ (Literacy coordinator)
• ‘Rosie Malik is an inspirational Philosophy for Children Facilitator. She provides active and experiential training which helps teachers get to the very heart of an approach to teaching and learning that is certain to have a very positive impact at our school.’ (Headteacher)
• ‘The staff initially approached P4C with an air of trepidation, yet soon realised it had many qualities which appeal to staff and children alike: bringing back that air of wonderment at the big (and small) questions in life; oral rehearsal; AfL; giving time for deep thought; fun and laughter; space for creativity; using politeness; phrasing remarks carefully; speaking with longer and more convoluted sentences than usual; no writing...and no marking!!!’ (Headteacher)
Rosie has an enhanced CRB disclosure.